Create the Good: Volunteer for Polka Dot
Our organization is looking for volunteers who possess strong work ethic and dedication. We seek to establish and maintain solid relationships with good people to help further The Polka Dot Project's initiatives.
social media gurus
We are looking for talented social media gurus to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities.
What does a Social Media guru do?
The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
Social media gurus should have a solid understanding of how each social media outlet works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on each channel. Responsibilities include joining relevant conversations on behalf of The Polka Dot Project and providing ongoing support to current and prospective customers and engaging them in our products and services.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
public relations specialist
We are looking for Public Relations (PR) individuals to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
what does a public relations specialist do?
As a PR Specialist, you should have a creative mind, excellent communication skills, organizational skills, confidence, public speaking and project management capabilities. Your focus will be to cultivate a positive company image, create opportunities for partnerships and spread the work about our programs and initiatives.
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson, if necessary
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
We are looking for enthusiastic skilled writers to develop a variety of content for promotional and editorial use.
what does a writer do?
Writers will perform thorough research on various topics and deliver good quality content such as news posts, blog articles, reviews and special features.
- Uncover newsworthy stories
- Interview key people
- Write content with readers needs in mind for print and digital media
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Maintain notes in written or electronic form
- Contribute to content idea generation
- Stay up-to-date with local, national and international affairs within the special need community and any other news affecting the special needs community.